Unfortunately, I would not recommend Optimum First Mortgage, Fountain Valley, CA for a mortgage. We began the refinance process with them end of June 2010. All requested documents, records and even appraisal were received in their office by the 9th of July. Long story short we heard little to no contact from them through August 19 other than I would call for an update and be told excuses such as the lender was overloaded and there was a question with the appraisal. Over these 6 weeks no one ever requested a verification of employment from either of our employers – this was suspicious as usually this process begins immediately. So August 19th , frustrated at this point I made a call to their office the day before the 45 day rate lock expired and was told the lender said the appraisal came in too high. They did not offer to extend the rate and help work it out. My loan rep Cody offered to see if another lender would be available. Two weeks passed and I never heard back from Cody. Now having lost 2 months' time, our low interest rate and $365 on a wasted appraisal, I emailed them and ask for a refund of my appraisal fee. My last response from them was this…..

Carmen,

I will have my manager get in contact with you today. Thank you.

Optimum First Mortgage

Unfortunately, something is very suspicious about this whole process.

That all said, we decided to start the process with a local company – we sat down with them on Tuesday August 31. In 3 ½ weeks we have now already signed loan documents and will close early next week. By the way the appraisal came in $25K higher than the first one. Bottom line – find a local mortgage company or bank referred by a local real estate professional or friend. And don't take a chance on Optimum First Mortgage.

Had an Experience with Optimum First Mortgage?

Comments

Sometimes you need to know how to complain and to who.

Plus, it should be up front who you need to talk to, sign it and get a copy.

The higher ups should make this very clear before the other paper work begins. You will need to number the pages so that the customer will see page one is missing.

or

or

at the bottom of each page of the loan app, ask if the customer has read page one.

why is there no website or link to optimumfirst.com?

I was just looking to refi my home, as the rates were finally lower than I had, and narrowed it down to 3 companies, this being one.Guess I am down to two.

Thanks for the heads up.:)

:cry Sounds all too familiar...

Using a local finance company or credit union is your best option. Doing business with an out-of-town company is very risky.

If you are having a problem with the processing of your loan or have any questions about our company then please do not hesitate to contact me, Matthew Dohman, president.I can be reached at 714-415-3203 x127 or by email at matt@optimumfirst.com.

Optimum First Mortgage has over 500 positive reviews on the Better Business Bureau's Trustlink website. You can click a link to view Trustlink through our website, www.optimumfirst.com. You will find 2 or 3 complaints about us online but that pails in comparison to the hundreds of great reviews we have. We have funded several thousand loans in the last couple years just so you can get an idea of the size of our company.

When comparing us to smaller companies you are not going to be able to get the price and experience we can deliver on.If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

to Matthew Dohman, President of O Simi Valley, California, United States #993143

Your company calls repeatedly without regard to the DO NOT CALL Registry and will NOT stop as requested.

Please do not let the less than 1% of unsatisfied customers deter you from doing business with us. When comparing us to smaller companies you are not going to be able to get the price and experience we can deliver on.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.:)

I'm having the same issue with these guys. It's now been 3 months & everyday they promise we're almost ready for docs. Unfortunately I can no longer get the same low rate elsewhere as what they locked me in at, so I have to keep persevering :(

#199467

This company refunded my money and reprimanded the employee at fault.

The president called and apologized for the problems we went through, refunded the appraisal fee and said he reprimanded the employee.